Trick or Treat? Top 5 Halloween Recipes
Its that time of year again when adults and children alike don their best Halloween outfits and go door to door to collect their sugary bounty. Although whether that will actually happen given the pandemic remains to be seen, personally I hope it doesn’t as it will only cement the requirement for a further worldwide lock down. Here are 5 delicious recipes for Halloween and the aftermath – this year over half of the 24 million pumpkins sold are destined for the waste bin – dont waste yours!
- Philadelphia Cheesecake Stuffed Vampire Fangs – easy to make white chocolate cheesecake fangs with chocolate chip cookies – what’s not to love?
- Halloween pumpkin cake – BBC Good Food provides a delicious carrot cake alternative for that leftover pumpkin.
- Creamy pumpkin risotto with bacon and leeks – My Name is Yeh adds pumpkin to a classic Italian dish – enjoy with facon and sub the chicken stock for a veggie stock for a plant-based alternative.
- Pumpkin and almond waffles – Green Kitchen Travels provide a gluten-free pumpkin waffle – serve as dessert with ice cream or skyr/coconut yoghurt for a luxurious breakfast.
- Pumpkin & Parmesan Crumble – James Sommerin’s innovative recipe for a savoury crumble is intriguing – definitely one I will be trying in due course.
I hope you all enjoy this weekend and remember its a Halloween Blue Full Moon as well this evening.
If you would like to grab a copy of my book and support my writing it is available in both print and kindle version check out the links below. Donate to your favourite charity when you buy my book using Amazon Smile!