Turkey Winter Stir Fry
Last night called for something easy to make and tasty. Staring at the cupboards a flash of inspiration came. I had several kinds of cabbage which needed using, noodles and turkey thigh mince. I always think of turkey mince as similar to pork and chicken, it loves flavour!
You could use a proper stir-fry mix if you I just didn’t happen to have one, the recipe is also oil free (with the exception of the oyster sauce which probably has some in it) so it’s even healthier than usual. Apologies for the lack of pics, if you do recreate it remember to tag me in the pics.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 200g turkey thigh mince
- Good quality oyster sauce gluten free if necessary
- Good quality soy sauce gluten free if necessary
- 1 tsp Chinese bbq spice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 packs ready to wok noodles or 3 nests of dried rice noodles soaked and ready to go (check packet for instructions)
- 2 large savoy cabbage leaves finely sliced
- 2 cavolo Nero leaves finely sliced
- 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables (stir fry if available)
- 3 tbsp of water
- Heat the water in a large deep frying pan so that it is simmering
- Add the turkey and cook until no pink left
- Add about 2 tbsp of the oyster sauce, one of the soy and the Chinese bbq and mix thoroughly.
- If the water has evaporated add another 2 tbsp
- Add the vegetables and mix well again letting the frozen veg steam through with the cabbage. About 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and a splash more water and heat through adding more oyster and soy as required.
- Serve immediately
If you fancy a crispy seaweed style crunchy topping you can heat extra sliced cavolo nero in a dry pan on a high heat until crunchy.
If you would like to grab a copy of my book and support my writing it is available in both print and kindle version check out the links below. Donate to your favourite charity when you buy my book using Amazon Smile!